At Ascending Psychology, our therapists are highly qualified to ensure you receive evidenced based therapy and treatment. Within the field, there are numerous different theories as to why certain conditions develop. Each of these theories inform different tools that are designed to improve your functioning and wellbeing.
Therapies we offer:
To ensure you receive the treatment that is right for you, our Psychologist’s are trained in a variety of different therapy modalities. They include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Mindfulness and Compassion Focused Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Short-term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy ** limited by funding restrictions
- Play Therapy.
If you have a preference for the type of therapy you would like, please discuss this with our friendly team when you are making your appointments.
In an attempt to best support the community, we have a number of funding options that can help to subsidise therapy. Some of these are listed below.
- Medicare Better Access: Under this scheme you can access up to 10 sessions per calendar year when you are referred with a Mental Health Care Plan from a General Practitioner.
- Connect to Wellbeing Services: Under the scheme, there are numerous at risk groups that have been recognised by the Primary Health Network. As a result, they fund a Suicide Prevention Program and additional services for people at risk of homelessness, experiencing perinatal depression, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and children under 12 years of age.
- Department of Veteran Affairs: Blocks of 12 sessions are allocated when referred by a General Practitioner.
- Workers Compensation: This relates to clients who have an active case manager and allocated sessions for Psychological support.
- NDIS: For self-managed or plan managed clients
We accept referrals for the following difficulties:
- Acute, Chronic and Emerging Depression or low mood
- Acute, Chronic and Emerging Anxiety
- Phobias including Social Phobias
- Emotional Difficulties, including Grief and Anger
- Developmental Difficulties and Behavioural Issues in Children, including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Family and Relationship Therapy
- Perinatal Depression
- Gender & Identity
- Low Self-Esteem & Confidence
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Complex PTSD
- Violence and criminal behaviour
- Self-harm & Suicidal Risk
- Addiction including alcoholism, drug use and gambling
- Eating Disorders including Anorexia and Bulimia
- Psychosis, Schizophrenia and Delusional Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorders, including Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Antisocial Personality Disorder.